[Baypiggies] Python WSGI server comparison?

Brent Pedersen bpederse at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 23:24:07 CEST 2008

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 2:12 PM, Niall O'Higgins <niallo at unworkable.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I'm looking into various Python WSGI servers.  Currently I have been
>  testing with 2.5's wsgiref server and this works fine for me.
>  However, I don't have a clear picture of what should be used for a
>  more 'production' environment, my impression is that the wsgiref
>  server is not suited to this.
>
>  I have found various lists of WSGI-capable servers on the web, but
>  have no idea what the pros and cons are, or which are well-tested and
>  stable.
>
>  At the moment I'm interested in pure Python servers, rather than
>  Apache mod_python/mod_wsgi or fastcgi etc solutions.
>
>  What are other people using?  My requirements are pretty basic, its
>  just a simple web service.
>
>  Thanks!
>
>  --
>  Niall O'Higgins
>  Software Enthusiast
>  http://niallohiggins.com

hi, i like the cherrypy server as well. pretty sure it's python only
and it's been very stable in my experience. my only complaint is it
doest give "dude that's whack!" on a 500 error like the wsgiref does.

you can likely drop it in place of wsgiref like:

from cherrypy import wsgiserver
port = 3030
server = wsgiserver.CherryPyWSGIServer(('0.0.0.0', port), [('/',
application)], server_name='')
try:
    server.start()
except KeyboardInterrupt: