[Baypiggies] Fwd: [sdforum_emergingtech] EMTECH May: Google App Engine

Shannon -jj Behrens jjinux at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 01:28:01 CEST 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rand Bradley <rand.bradley at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 3:26 PM
Subject: [sdforum_emergingtech] EMTECH May: Google App Engine
To: SDForum EMTECH-SIG <sdforum_emergingtech at yahoogroups.com>

 We are very excited to have Dick Wall, Developer Advocate from
Google, coming to talk to us in May about Google App Engine!

Google App Engine puts your applications on Google's infrastructure.
Just write your application, and you can scale and grow it without
having to manage your own server or data center. In this session we
will explore the different concepts that are important to that
infrastructure for your own applications, and how to build and
maintain your application using the Google App Engine SDK and
management tools. The environment consists of a dynamic web server,
persistent storage with queries, sorting and transactions, automatic
scaling and load balancing, email and authentication services. The
first language supported in Google App Engine is Python.

 Where: Pillsbury Winthrop, 2475 Hanover Street, Palo Alto, 94304
 Here's a link that gives directions to Pillsbury:
 http://www.pillsburylaw.com/bv/bvisapi.dll/portal/ep/ofcDetailDirection.do/ofc/14/dir/1
 When: Wednesday, May 14, 2007
 6:30 Registration, Pizza, networking, and small-talk
 6:50 Introduction and announcements
 7:00 - 8:30 Dick Wall, Developer Advocate, Google
 Speaker Bio
 Dick Wall is a Google Developer Advocate, a Java and Python developer
and enthusiast with around 15 years of programming experience, and a
keen podcaster (co-host of the Java Posse podcast) not necessarily in
that order.

 See you in May!

 Peter, and Rand

 Thanks to our sponsors IBM and Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman for
their ongoing support. ----
 If you have not done so already, we would like to encourage you to
join the sdforum_emtech Yahoo Group. The EMTECH-SIG will discontinue
posting meeting announcements to the former mailing list sometime in
the future. If you would like to continue receiving meeting
announcements, you can sign up at:

 Subscribe by email: sdforum_emergingtech-subscribe at yahoogroups.com

 Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch
to Fully Featured

--
I, for one, welcome our new Facebook overlords!
http://jjinux.blogspot.com/