[Baypiggies] CaltrainPy

Seth Friedman sfseth at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 21:13:33 CEST 2008

I was just thinking about Python on S60.   In a bit of anti-Apple
closed-platform ire, i've been thinking of replacing my phone with something
I could code for, ideally in Python.   Not that I really understand how
locked down Apple is keeping the iphone, but the marketing folks at Nokia
knew how to push my buttons when they build the website of the N96 and all
the homebrew applications people could write on them... can't seem to locate
the url this moment, but they were cute videos where... for example, one
couple, the wife had written a lie detector program on the N96 that she
built for her husband..

But at some level I agree with Nokia that these are really mobile computers
- in this case with ~125x the cpu power of my first device called a
computer.   In a sense it's a little archaic to call them phones.   Sorta
like if we were calling desktops 'word processors'.    O'course, moving the
mobile phone to mobile computer requires development community to build
enough different apps, at some point chicken / egg situation applies.

Anyway, can anyone comment about how far away from a port of Python to
Symbian we might be, if there's the seed of a project anyplace?

~seth