[Baypiggies] Python available on Nokia Devices since 2005

Seth Friedman sfseth at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 22:28:13 CEST 2008

Hi,

Thanks for all the info.   I'm thinking of a N96 when it's out and this
thread is helping me understand what the options are.

Just as a platform for personal development, I'm curious what the features
that will be limited if I don't get into the developer program or go through
signing my app.

For instance, one little app I was thinking of writing was to check the GPS
to see if the phone was at my home, and if I accepted a call at home, to
have the phone poke my SlimServer and if music was playing, to mute it for
the duration of the call.    I'm not sure if SlimServer has the capability
to handle that out of the box, but being open source I figure I can tackle
whatever's missing there.

Is the line about what features are locked for unsigned apps blurry, or is
there a list someplace?   Specifically I'm curious about: GPS, network, file
system, accelerometer, and camera.

~seth