[Baypiggies] Python on OpenMoko

Heikki Toivonen hjtoi at comcast.net
Fri Aug 8 05:37:31 CEST 2008

Paul McNett wrote:
> What about OpenMoko? Anyone have experience with Python on that
> ostensibly more open platform? Any experience at all?

I tested an OpenMoko device at LinuxWorld, with an app the staff at the
booth thought was written in Python, and the experience was pretty good
(a little slower than I would expect, but since I don't know how
responive OpenMoko is in general it is hard to compare). There was
nothing that I could see that would even tell what language was used to
implement the application.

> I'm in the market for a new phone. My wife wants an iPhone; I want
> something that I can hack to my heart's delight. But of course I want it
> to still work reliably.

OpenMoko is not yet usable/reliable enough for normal use.

--
  Heikki Toivonen