[Baypiggies] We need a new meeting location

Leslie Hawthorn lhawthorn at google.com
Tue Dec 16 01:05:53 CET 2008

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 10:57 AM, Shannon -jj Behrens <jjinux at gmail.com> wrote:
>> also as mentioned in tonite's meeting, BayPIGgies has lost its meeting
>> space at Google. kudos to Leslie H for sponsoring us for over the past
>> 3 years... without her support and dedication, we could not have grown
>> to our current membership size. CHEERS for LESLIE!! while we are going
>> to determine the next meeting place soon, i let folks know that there
>> is a new SF Python Meetup group that hooks up on the 1st wed of the
>> month in case you're further north and can attend. here is the
>> announcement for january's meeting:
>
> I want to call this out explicitly:  WE NEED A NEW LOCATION TO MEET!
>
> Thank you Leslie and Google for hosting us for so long.  Users groups
> are always struggling to find a place to meet, and it's been such a
> relief to rely on Google for so long!
>
> Unfortunately, the number of security guards required for Google to
> host our meeting deep within their building is too expensive for them
> to continue to do so.  Times are tough, and we're all feeling the
> strain--you know I am ;)
>
> Leslie assured me that she's trying her hardest to find all the past
> videos of our meetings that never made it to Google video.  I've heard
> that Google has more than a couple hard drives lying around, so
> finding all of the raw video so that it can be edited and put onto
> Google video is apparently quite a challenge.
>
> Leslie, if there's anything we can do to help push this forward, just
> ask.  I think those videos are a lost treasure.  The talks over the
> last couple years have been particularly good.
>
> If anyone can help find us a spot to meet for next month, now's the
> time to help!

Still working on finding the videos, and will post to the list when I
have located them.

I just want to let everyone on list know how much we have enjoyed
having you as our guests. Best of luck with all your future endeavors
and we hope to be able to host you folks again in the future when the
economy is a bit brighter.

Take care and Happy Holidays to all of you,
LH