[Baypiggies] call for pre-pycon speakers

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Wed Dec 24 01:00:32 CET 2008

On Tue, 23 Dec 2008, jim wrote:

>   this is a call for speakers, especially those who'd like to present a
> pre-pycon rendition of talks you'll be presenting at pycon. please reply
> if you're interested in presenting on january 8 or february 12.

I'm giving a Tutorial at Pycon entitled:

"Scrape the Web: Strategies for programming websites that don't expect it"

It goes beyond mechanize+BeautifulSoup to include a discussion of Selenium
Remote Control, which is the one fairly neat trick up my sleeve.

I haven't actually written the whole tutorial yet, but I should do that!
I can give a modified version of it to BayPiggies in February so that I
can get feedback to put into the version I'll give in March at PyCon.
I've given similar talks at other venues in the past.

The tutorial is supposed to be three hours long; no need for my Baypiggies
version to be that long.
http://svn.asheesh.org/svn/public/20082009/pycon-proposal.rst is the
proposal I sent to them, which y'all are welcome to peruse to find things
I should focus on in a way-shorter Baypiggies version.

-- Asheesh.

--
You'll feel much better once you've given up hope.