[Baypiggies] looking for locations

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Mon Dec 29 18:23:41 CET 2008

If it helps, I gave the Old College Try... I called Sandbox Suites in
San Francisco.. We met there for SHDH several times...   I tried
asking them for a meeting.. they said they could do a free one.. But,
not at night (they would have to pay the staff to stay late). To pay
for a meeting space for up to about 40 people would be about $200.

It's cheaper than PlugNPlay, but not free =(  Also, the location is
San Francisco and this is inconvenient for some in the South Bay.

I I understand this correctly, we still have the following leads that
are being followed-up on:

* Mountain View City Hall (100+/no projector)
* Round Table Pizza in Santa Clara (backup plan)

Before I start spending too much energye (almost all in San
Francisco), would you be interested in places like San Francisco
Public Library and other SF public spaces (sorry, I live in SF, so
that's what I'd look for)?

Also, please don't forget there IS another Python Meetup in San
Francisco (although I personally would love seeing BayPIGgies in San
Francisco). Here are the details for the next meeting:

What: January Hack Session - Theme: App Engine

When: January 7, 2009 7:00 PM

Where: Slide

Meetup Description: This month we'll be doing a hack session, so bring
a pet project of your choosing and come code with us. You can stick to
the theme, or stray from it, but we'll have a couple folks from the
App Engine platform development team around to give folks a head
start. If you're interested in getting started with it, or if you're
stuck on something, this is a great opportunity to get the skinny.

Learn more here:
http://www.meetup.com/sfpython/calendar/9326004/