[Baypiggies] Pycon for the Bay Area

Alvin Wang alvinwang at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 23:31:14 CET 2008

Is anybody interested in trying to bring Pycon to the Bay Area?  I tried to
do it in 2006 for 2007 but we lost.  It was close but one of the issues was
that Chicago had a lot more people supporting the bid.

Currently, I am not doing that much Python programming so I am not going to
work on it.  I see from the net that Pycon 2008 will be in Chicago again.
If anybody is interested in bidding on Pycon 2009, I suggest that you talk
to Michelle from the San Mateo Tourism and convention bureau.  She was a big
help last time.

*Michelle Adle | San Mateo County C & VB | Tel: 1.800.288.4748 | E-Mail:
mailto:michelle at smccvb.com <michelle at smccvb.com> | Web:
http://www.VisitSanMateoCounty.com <http://www.visitsanmateocounty.com/>*

Alvin Wang