[Baypiggies] Pycon for the Bay Area

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Fri Jan 18 00:00:00 CET 2008

On Thu, Jan 17, 2008, Alvin Wang wrote:

> Is anybody interested in trying to bring Pycon to the Bay Area?  I
> tried to do it in 2006 for 2007 but we lost.  It was close but one of
> the issues was that Chicago had a lot more people supporting the bid.

I'm happy to help but not to lead.

> Currently, I am not doing that much Python programming so I am not
> going to work on it.  I see from the net that Pycon 2008 will be in
> Chicago again.  If anybody is interested in bidding on Pycon 2009,
> I suggest that you talk to Michelle from the San Mateo Tourism and
> convention bureau.  She was a big help last time.

PyCon 2009 has already been decided for Chicago in the interest of
maintaining stability and reusing this year's effort.  If we're
interested in PyCon 2010 we should probably have a bid ready by mid-2008.

I've just sent off e-mail to the PyCon committee suggesting that the bid
process for 2010 be announced this year at PyCon 2008.

indirection."  --Butler Lampson