[Baypiggies] Pycon for the Bay Area

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 01:40:42 CET 2008

On Jan 20, 2008 3:14 PM, John Menerick <john at cellspinsoft.com> wrote:
> I would be more than willing to setup the site and mailing list.  Just let
> me know and I will set everything up.

Very good. Thank you. You will talk with Python.org then, and see how
they want us to manage our relationship? Our bid site will be separate
from them.

We can meet at Google if we have a member who works at Google who will
guarantee to attend meetings. Anybody?

When is a good time to meet? Who wants to attend and be part of the process?

We may eventually need department heads for

Local liaison (convention bureau, Google, and such)
Hotel liaison (discounts, room requirements, shuttles to Google, food...)
Local exhibit tech (make sure exhibitors get power, Internet,
lighting, other; signage; whatever)
Registration (staff, speakers, exhibitors, attendees)
Gofers
Parties
Python.org liaison

John is the volunteer Webmaster. I am going to suggest the following
pages, and a look at http://www.python.org/community/pycon/.
Home page
About
Who we are
Volunteer
Contact Us
Staff mailing lists
Issue tracking
Wiki?

> John Menerick
>

> On 1/20/08, Leslie Hawthorn <lhawthorn at google.com> wrote:
> > sponsor PyCon and we're one of the sponsors for PyCon '08.
> >
> > We also frequently host open source conferences/gatherings at Google,
> > and we'd likely be happy to host the festivities provided that works
> > well for the community.  I'd be happy to talk to folks on or off list
> > about what we could provide were we to host the conference on our
> > campus and how well that would map to your needs.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > LH

> > > I assume that you meant that query to go to the list.
> > >
> > > I have used, and continue to use both. I prefer Google on
> > > philosophical grounds, and as a major sponsor, but I'll let others
> > > comment on features that we might need.

> the

> Anyone?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Edward Cherlin
> > > End Poverty at a Profit by teaching children business
> > > http://www.EarthTreasury.org/
> > > "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."--Alan Kay

> > --
> > Leslie Hawthorn
> > Program Manager - Open Source
> > Google Inc.