[Baypiggies] PYCON

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Mon Jan 21 02:11:34 CET 2008

On Fri, Jan 18, 2008, Charles Merriam wrote:

> Four Questions Before Committing:
> - What's the estimated size of this conference?
> - Will there be exhibitors (trade show format) area?
> - Will there be exhibits only badges?

Estimated size is tricky given that PyCon has been growing.  2007 had
almost 600 people, 2008 is planned for 800, and the bid process is
projecting 1000+ for 2010.  We should locate facilities that can handle
600-1500 people.  (And given how much the Bay Area is central to the
Python community these days, I would expect the higher end of that range.
I wouldn't even complain if we focused on facilities that could support
2000 people.)

There will be a trade-show area this year and it seems likely to continue
as a desired feature.  I don't remember what the exhibits-only policy is
for exhibitors; there has not been an exhibits-only attendance mechanism
and I doubt one will be created.

indirection."  --Butler Lampson