[Baypiggies] Who wants to be the new list moderator?

Shannon -jj Behrens jjinux at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 21:32:12 CET 2008

Hey guys,

I have now been the list moderator for BayPiggies for a year.  A year
ago, I said that I would be happy to relinquish my position after a
one year term.

When I accepted this position from Aahz, the list didn't take a vote
per se.  Rather, there was some combination of rough consensus among
the members along with the fact that Aahz figured I'd do a good job.
In selecting a new moderator, I'd like to maintain the same spirit.
I.e. I'd like to see some rough consensus among the members for
someone that I think understands list etiquette well enough to do the
job properly.

With the exception of the hearing impaired like Aahz, I'd *prefer* for
the moderator to be someone who can make it to almost every meeting.
I think I've only missed one within the last year.  I think that
that's helpful to insure some continuum between the meetings and the
mailing list.

Having been email moderator for a year, I can say that it's neither
terribly difficult, nor terribly glamorous.  The most important thing
is to understand list etiquette and to very politely enforce it.

If you'd like to be the new list moderator, or if you'd like to
nominate someone else to be the new list moderator, please raise your
hand.  If someone gets nominated who you approve or disapprove of, a
+1 or -1 respectively would be helpful, but let's please be polite.
Like I said before, I'm looking for rough consensus rather than an
exact vote.

Best Regards,
-jj

--
I, for one, welcome our new Facebook overlords!
http://jjinux.blogspot.com/