[Baypiggies] PDI/Dreamworks Is Looking for Pipeline Engineers
Tim.Norman at dreamworks.com
Wed Jan 30 20:19:38 CET 2008
Production or Pipeline (Python) Engineer -MAYA or Houdini
The Production Engineering group designs, implements, and maintains software that "glues" together the software and data used in the creation of animated feature films. Production engineers understand the entire computer animation process and use that knowledge to develop the DreamWorks global animation pipeline.
We are seeking a highly motivated person with experience in both software development and in computer animation production.
As a production engineer, you will:
* Maintain the existing software systems used in the production of our films
* Enhance, modify, and redesign the systems to accommodate the ever-changing requirements of production
* Interact with animators and technical directors to solve technical production issues
* Use your understanding of computer animation to come up with creative solutions to difficult technical problems
Your software development experience must include:
* Large software systems
* Extensive scripting in Python or Perl (preferably both)
* Object oriented C++ experience
* UNIX/Linux development
Additionally, you must have:
* Excellent problem solving and customer service skills
* Outstanding attention to detail and following through on tasks
* Ability to handle a variety of tasks and personality types
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Enthusiasm for computer animation and/or CG in films
We also prefer:
* Experience in the computer animation industry
* Knowledge of CG software such as Maya, Houdini, or Shake
* Shell scripting (csh, tcsh, sh) ability
* Knowledge of relational database concepts
* System administration skills
You must have achieved at least a bachelors degree in computer science.
A masters is preferred.
Ph 818. 695. 7801
Fax 818. 695. 6210
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Baypiggies