[Baypiggies] Essential SQLAlchemy, 1st Edition- I have a reviewer now. No more replies are necessary

Tony Cappellini cappy2112 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 21:31:06 CEST 2008

> >>I just hunted around on the baypiggies site and found the book reviews
> >>section.  Not to add work to you, but it would be a great service if you
> >>could post a message to the baypiggies mailing list as new reviews get
> >>published.
>
> Good points Terry. Thanks for the feedback.

My intentions for the "reviews" section new website is to have the reviews
section - somewhat self maintaining. It would be great if users could post
their own reviews. Ideally, I'd like to have a page there where people who
want to sign up for reviews and wait for a Title to be published, as well as
have a list of new titles waiting for reviewers. In reality, perhaps people
should tell me what they would like to see in the reviews area.

I really dont want to post messages to the list to say "a review has been
posted", and I'm almost sure the list subscribers dont want this extra
traffic. I feel hesitant on posting messages asking for reviewers, but since
we get some perks from O'Reilly and other publishers it's been tolerated.

The Plone site has been a source of problems, we have noone to fix/maintain
it. It doesn't seem that this is likely to change, even though we have asked
for Plone-knowledgable people to chip in a few hours of time. I'm all for
going back to the old site.