[Baypiggies] Essential SQLAlchemy, 1st Edition- I have a reviewer now. No more replies are necessary

William Deegan bdbaddog at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 08:03:21 CEST 2008

Shannon,

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 10:56 PM, Shannon -jj Behrens <jjinux at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Tony wrote:
> > I really dont want to post messages to the list to say "a review has been
> posted"
>
> If "one of our own" writes a review on a technical book, I don't see
> anything
> wrong with posting that review to the list.  If you'd like, you can use a
> subject prefix, and people can filter them out.
>
> William wrote:
> > Barring that,  if we're not stuck on using python, I'm learing Joomla at
> the moment, which seems much easier to deal with.
>
> That'd really be too bad since Plone *is* a pretty decent CMS and it's
> written
> in Python.  Oh well, I guess that means we don't suffer from NIH.

Do you have experience setting up/maintaining a Plone CMS? If so help would
be most welcome.
I have a strong preference for python based system as well.
But I have really good docs on dealing with joomla.
Therein lies the opensource problem, great software(perhaps), but poor docs
(cause developers rarely like writing docs, and not many open source tech
writers).
Unless there's a book for sale I suppose.

If some one can point me at a great book for plone, I'll restart my efforts
to learn it.
(I think the current site is plone 2.5.x not 3.1)

-Bill