[Baypiggies] SciPy 2008 conference / early registration ends July 11

Jarrod Millman millman at berkeley.edu
Sat Jul 12 19:26:09 CEST 2008

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 11:05 AM, Glen Jarvis <glen at glenjarvis.com> wrote:
> I had asked about SciPy last year and was sad I missed it. However, I don't
> see anything on the agenda for BioPython this year =(

While there aren't any specific talks about biopython, there will be a
fair number of bioinformatics folks in attendance.  I would expect
there to be a BoF and possibly a code sprint.  Last year Titus Brown
organized a BoF to discuss biopython-related issues:
http://www.scipy.org/SciPy2007/BioBoFNotes
And it looks like Titus is starting to organize a pygr sprint this year:
http://lists.idyll.org/pipermail/biology-in-python/2008-July/000317.html
Not too many people have responded to his email yet, but I know that
several of those who attended last year's BoF have all ready
registered.  The SciPy conference is relatively small and there is a
lot of interesting discussions that take place around the actual
conference program.

You may also want to take a look here:  http://bio.scipy.org/

By the way, the deadline for early registration was extended to Monday
night because of some problems with accepting credit card payments.

Hope to see you there,

--
Jarrod Millman
10 Giannini Hall, UC Berkeley