[Baypiggies] Software Engineer Position at imo.im, Palo Alto, CA

Marissa Huang marissa at imo.im
Thu Jul 31 06:47:58 CEST 2008

Imo strives to develop amazing products that people will love. Located
in Palo Alto, CA, we are a startup founded (and funded) by one of the
first ten employees at Google and advised by several early Googlers.
We currently have 4 engineers on staff, but we are looking to increase
the size of our team to about 20-30 this year.  We are working on a
variety of projects that are enhancements to our current instant
messaging application, as well as other non-IM products (not listed on
our site) that will help people communicate and collaborate more
easily.  We have tons of ideas, and we are looking for outstanding
software engineers who are interested in making products for our users
all around the world.  Our ideal candidate would not only have a
strong background in not only algorithms and design, but also coding;
this is very important for our company as our engineers are in charge
of all aspects of a project from start to finish.  We also offer
competitive stipends for internships year-round.

Requirements:
     * BS/MS/PhD in computer science (or the equivalent).
     * Strong grasp of data structures and algorithms.

Extra credit:
     * Experience building and designing scalable distributed systems.
     * Ability to design and implement systems in Python.
     * Extensive experience writing networking code in C/C++.
     * Thorough understanding of TCP/IP and network programming.
     * Adept at hacking open source software.
     * Experience with HTML, CSS, Javascript, MySQL a plus.
     * Know Linux better than you can sing Britney lyrics.

Compensation:
The usual ... competitive salary, stock, snacks, gym membership,
health insurance, $25,000 starting bonus, and a housing stipend for
living in close proximity to our office.

Please email your resume to marissa at imo.im if you are interested.  Thanks!