[Baypiggies] ANN: SciPy 2008 Conference

Jarrod Millman millman at berkeley.edu
Tue Jun 10 23:11:46 CEST 2008

Greetings,

The SciPy 2008 Conference website is now open:  http://conference.scipy.org

This year's conference will be at Caltech from August 19-24:

Tutorials:        August 19-20 (Tuesday and Wednesday)
Conference:  August 21-22 (Thursday and Friday)
Sprints:           August 23-24 (Saturday and Sunday)

Exciting things are happening in the Python community, and the SciPy
2008 Conference is an excellent opportunity to exchange ideas, learn
techniques, contribute code and affect the direction of scientific
computing (or just to learn what all the fuss is about).  We'll be
announcing the Keynote Speaker and providing a detailed schedule in
the coming weeks.

This year we are asking presenters to submit short papers to be included
in the conference proceedings:  http://conference.scipy.org/call_for_papers

Cheers,

--
Jarrod Millman