[Baypiggies] Problem with freeze.py and numpy

David Berthelot d_berthelot at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 13 22:32:09 CEST 2008

So I'm trying to make an executable out of a python script:

#!/usr/bin/env python
import numpy as N
print N.array((1,2,3),'f')

When I freeze it using the freeze.py utility shipped with Python distribution:
{path_to_freeze}/freeze.py test.py
it complains about modules not being found (typically *.so dynamic modules)

I make a build:
make

Now I run the "./test" and sure enough it complains about multiarray not being found since it's a dynamic module.

So next I copied multiarray.so to the local directory and updated LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to the local directory.
However it doesn't help.

Has anyone traveled that same path or has any ideas on how to debug/solve this issue ?

Thanks,

David