[Baypiggies] Frequently Argued Objections

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Sun Jun 22 20:16:03 CEST 2008

By the way, the only reason I realized that we could have gotten to
"bikeshedding" is because I also fall very heavily into the religion
of code. I have strong beliefs about what is "right." And, my poor
farmer father told me enough times growing up "A job worth doing is
worth doing right." I have strong feelings about doing things right,
but hit my head up against the wall sometimes in our community about
"what right is."

I know because recently some fellow workers finally sent me the note
"But, I wanted a Blue Bike Shed =)" before I realized that I was
splitting hairs a bit too much about the PEP-8 standard. I'm pretty
"Adrian monkish" about it.

So, I only wanted to add - I'm not blameless and I do completely
understand almost all sides of any 'religious code' discussions -- as
long as they are enforcing 'doing things right' instead of 'doing
things lazily'. With that disclaimer said, and with my tongue placed
firmly in cheek, I fall back onto "But, I want a Turquoise Bike Shed" =)

Cheers,

Glen
--
415-680-3964
glen at glenjarvis.com
http://www.glenjarvis.com

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -M. Gandhi