[Baypiggies] hold a meeting at YouTube in San Bruno?

Mike Cheponis mac at Wireless.Com
Wed Jun 25 01:08:23 CEST 2008

> On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 3:29 PM, Jeff Lindsay <progrium at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm not sure how valid this is. SuperHappyDevHouse maintains a 150+
>> turnout every month and we alternate between consistent locations most
                                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That's the key.  The python group tried alternating between n.bay and google, and google won.

>> of the time and throw in new ones every now and then. The community is
>> in fact better than if we didn't. We're not even consistent about the
>> time! Sometimes we don't even announce a date until a week or two in
>> advance. Yet we're steadily growing and people love it.

I think the crowd of DevHouse is considerably different than the Python crowd, although there is obviously some overlap.

>> -shrug-
>>
>> Different kind of event I suppose?

Yes.

The Python group has a scheduled meeting speaker, and a format to the meetings.

DevHouse is random hacking.

---

I have nothing against an ADDITIONAL python-inspired meeting somewhere else, but I don't think the main meeting should be hijacked.

-Mike

p.s. do you know what "TRAC" was before it was comandeered for this other use?  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TRAC_programming_language