[Baypiggies] Frequently Argued Objections

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Wed Jun 25 07:23:36 CEST 2008

On Tue, 24 Jun 2008, Alex Martelli wrote:

> Would there be interest in a Baypiggies talk on "SERIOUSLY Advanced
> Python"?  E.g. some subset of (say...):

+1, but preference for September - I'll be out most of August at Debconf!

> - object creation: class statement, class body, meta-classes, __new__,
> and __init__
> - attribute lookup mechanics and descriptor objects

+1, I feel there's material here I don't know.

> - introspection on objects, garbage collection, stack frames, tracebacks

+0, I have played with this some already.

> - Python bytecode inspection and alteration

SERIOUSLY PLUS ONE

Bytecode alteration sounds like a really fun time.  Nothing shows you know
something than changing it and having it still work.

I have long wanted to know more about these mysterious bytecodes my Emacs
buffers inevitably become.

-- Asheesh.

--
Pascal is not a high-level language.