[Baypiggies] Frequently Argued Objections

jim jim at well.com
Wed Jun 25 07:35:42 CEST 2008

Would there be interest in a Baypiggies talk on "SERIOUSLY Advanced
> Python"?  E.g. some subset of (say...):
>
> - object creation: class statement, class body, meta-classes, __new__,
> and __init__
> - attribute lookup mechanics and descriptor objects
> - introspection on objects, garbage collection, stack frames, tracebacks
> - Python bytecode inspection and alteration

+1

also, per Alex Martelli: "My job responsibilities in the field
of cluster management software push me to think all the time
about the harshest and most unlikely failure modes and how best
to ensure they're caught and dealt with...."
   i'd be interested to hear python-related details per above.

   and maybe not _advanced_ uses of generators but useful uses
of generators that coders should consider.