[Baypiggies] [OT] Ideas for Plone training location?

jim jim at well.com
Sun Jun 29 04:23:45 CEST 2008

   I've tried to participate and also to lead, mostly without
much success. i'm very interested in an online Python course
and have made a small start on such.

   for a look at a seemingly successful attempt, check out
http://www.nylxs.com/
   below is a clip from the conspire mailing list (with
permission of its author), which gives a feel for the nylxs
community:

---------------------------

   While we have some summer off time I'm going to lead 3 workshops
for beginners through the NYLXS Mailing List at hangout at nylxs.com

   We will be doing Introduction to C Programming using the book
C Programming:  A Modren Approach
by K.N.King
   I'll be developing C programming notes on line as we go. This
book is fairly intensive

   Also we will do Perl Porgramming using the Perl Programming Notes
of NYLXS on
http://www.nylxs.com/docs/perlcourse/
   I'll be reediting these notes as we go, but they are fairly
complete as they are

   Finally, we will be learning C++ with the text C++ Primer
Stanley Lippman and Josee Lajoie - I have the 3rd addition
   I took C++ at NYU but frankly have not nearly enough background,
so I'll be making notes and learning along with everyone else.

   Anyone who wants to join is welcome to. NYLXS Accounts are
available on the server for a NYLXS membership fee of $45 (and then
you need to do volunteer hours to become a voting member). We will
also use the NYLXS irc channel to meet on line weekly as announced

   The irc channel is on freenode #nylxs

   The mailing list itself is published on the NYLXS site.
   Hope you join us!