[Baypiggies] Fwd: hold a meeting at YouTube in San Bruno?

Ben Bangert ben at groovie.org
Sun Jun 29 08:38:27 CEST 2008

On Jun 28, 2008, at 5:44 PM, Aahz wrote:

> Finally, I haven't seen a lot of people arguing for a north bay
> meeting.
> Mostly people are arguing for east bay, SF, and north peninsula

I'm in the North Bay, and I don't think there's a lot of people up
here so it seems silly to ask ppl to drive up. I'd rather head down to
SF myself. I should note that people don't speak up very much because
I think anyone else in the North Bay has either given up attending
BayPiggies meetings, or attempts to make it down. They don't hang
around and hope (like I apparently have), that the issue will come up
again for discussion.

The IronPort one wasn't really that helpful, since from the North Bay,
you have to go through all of SF (easily a solid 30 mins on some
nights), and then some... at which point Google in Mountain View seems
like only a wee bit further.

I heard Google now has an office in SF, is someone there willing to
host it? There's also an O'Reilly office near the Embarcadero, I'm not
sure entirely how many people but I can check. There's ferries going
into the Embarcadero from all over, as well as BART and SF Muni, which
makes it significantly easier to get to than IronPort was from the
North.

Before I saw this thread, I had more or less given up ever attending
another BayPiggies meeting and was actually considering forking it to
start a separate SF based Python meet-up, as Mountain View was just
too far for me. I really wouldn't be surprised if there were others
who saw "we meet at Mountain View" and gave up even considering going.

Cheers,
Ben