[Baypiggies] Fwd: hold a meeting at YouTube in San Bruno?

Matt Good matt at matt-good.net
Mon Jun 30 07:29:53 CEST 2008

On Jun 28, 2008, at 11:38 PM, Ben Bangert wrote:

> On Jun 28, 2008, at 5:44 PM, Aahz wrote:
>
>> Finally, I haven't seen a lot of people arguing for a north bay
>> meeting.
>> Mostly people are arguing for east bay, SF, and north peninsula
>
> I'm in the North Bay, and I don't think there's a lot of people up
> here so it seems silly to ask ppl to drive up. I'd rather head down
> to SF myself. I should note that people don't speak up very much
> because I think anyone else in the North Bay has either given up
> attending BayPiggies meetings, or attempts to make it down. They
> don't hang around and hope (like I apparently have), that the issue
> will come up again for discussion.
>
> The IronPort one wasn't really that helpful, since from the North
> Bay, you have to go through all of SF (easily a solid 30 mins on
> some nights), and then some... at which point Google in Mountain
> View seems like only a wee bit further.
>
> I heard Google now has an office in SF, is someone there willing to
> host it?

I can ask around.  I don't know of any Python projects based in the SF
office, so I don't know what the interest level is there.  I also
don't know much about the space there and whether they'd be equipped
to handle our group meeting there after-hours.

Regarding San Bruno there seems to be enough positive feedback and I
like JJ's suggestion of trying it there for one meeting (which is
really all I was originally proposing).  If it seems successful we can
talk about adding it to a rotation of meeting places.  I've made a
note to check on getting clear instructions for the parking situation
(not having a car anymore I forget about these things :)

-- Matt