[Baypiggies] what to do for our March meeting?

Anna Ravenscroft annaraven at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 01:46:52 CET 2008

Given how many people will be gone to pycon, I'd love to have it be a
meetandgreet/planning session and then we can do more talks when we're
back. If there is a talk, I hope it can be posted on youtube or
something.

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 11:14 AM, jim stockford <jim at well.com> wrote:

>     thanks for the kind words, wesley.
>     personally i'm in favor of meet and greet with an
>  eye to discussing topics for future meetings.
>     (again personally: ) i'm not in favor of cancelling.
>     i think it will not be possible to do a good job in
>  getting snippets together or preparing an effective
>  night for newbies. i could be wrong, i often am.
>

>  On Feb 29, 2008, at 11:01 AM, wesley chun wrote:
>
>  >>    so the question is what to do?
>  >> * have a meet and greet and perhaps talk out possible future
>  >> talks or other local python community issues.
>  >> * cancel the meeting.
>  >> * other....
>  >
>  >
>  > in the past, we have done:
>  >
>  > - newbies nite
>  > - meet-n-greet (sometimes combined with newbies nite)
>  > - moved the meeting 1 week later
>  > - recruiters nite -- hiring mgrs and recruiters allowed to take the
>  > stage for X minutes each, then collect resumes at the end
>  > - with a smaller group, met at a dining establishment and had a late
>  > dinner with conversation
>  >
>  > but, it is rare to cancel meetings.  we used to do it more regularly
>  > during the early days of the group, but it's just not a common
>  > occurrence after 2001since enough Python interest has developed since
>  > then where we've always had a "group" of ppl willing to meet.
>  >
>  > thanks again for all your help in organizing the meetings! you're
>  > doing a much better job that i had in the past!  :-)
>  >
>  > cheers,
>  > -wesley
>  >

cordially,
Anna
--
Walking through the water. Trying to get across.
Just like everybody else.