[Baypiggies] Job - Python UI Developer ~ Cisco ~ San Bruno
Dave Lloyd -X (dalloyd - Spherion at Cisco)
dalloyd at cisco.com
Wed Mar 12 20:51:59 CET 2008
Interested candidates can send resumes to me directly.
dalloyd at cisco.com <blocked::mailto:dalloyd at cisco.com>
User Interface Developer
San Bruno, CA
IronPort is an independent business unit of Cisco Systems as of April
2007. Operating as a part of Cisco's Security Technology Group, IronPort
is a leading provider of anti-spam, anti-virus and anti-spyware
appliances for organizations ranging from small businesses to the Global
2000. IronPort product lines utilize SenderBase(r), the world's largest
threat detection database, enabling powerful security measures that are
easy to deploy and manage.
The IronPort Systems Platform Engineering team is looking for software
engineering talent to participate in the ongoing development of the
web-based interface for its Email and Web Security Appliances.
The Platform Engineering team is responsible for the appliance group of
products, including the Email and Web Security Appliances. We are
looking for a candidate with proven experience in participating at a key
level in web application projects. This includes past experience in
designing, developing, and helping to create a usable and stable
product. This individual will be expected to collaborate with product
management to help identify and prioritize product requirements; work
closely with design consultants to design new features and improve
existing functionality and behavioral paradigms; and organize,
participate in, and ensure the success of the ongoing web development
Development will be on a UNIX-based platform integrating with code
written in Python. This is not a web site art direction, intranet
development, or design role.
* Work closely with a cross-functional team to implement the
web-based user interface for new features and extend existing
* Review and sign off on requirements documents.
* Write specification documents and drive sign-off.
* Implement new features and extend existing functionality
* Design and develop code libraries; build tools and widgets to
enhance existing Web framework
Required Experience and Skills:
* 5-8 years of experience with one or more web scripting
languages: Python, PHP, Perl, ASP.NET, etc. (Python highly preferred.)
* Proven experience in writing clean, modular, extensible code.
* Thorough understanding of Web standards and W3C compliance
* Participation in at least one successful development and
deployment effort of a web application.
* Proven ability to effectively collaborate with Interaction
Design / Information Architecture functional groups.
* 5 years minimum industry experience required. The ideal
candidate will also have strong visual design skills.
Desired Experience and Skills:
* Experience developing thin-client, browser-based, commercial
appliance, server application administration, or consumer-oriented user
interfaces. Experience developing commercial or corporate intranet
applications is also a plus.
* An understanding of Internet and email standards, UNIX system
administration, enterprise networking topologies and security is highly
* Specific experience with open source mail, spam detection
programs, caching web proxies, anti-spyware, anti-virus and integration
of database technology to customer systems a definite plus.
* Experience collaborating with offshore development resources is
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Baypiggies