[Baypiggies] Using Google translate web page programmaticaly

Shannon -jj Behrens jjinux at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 20:25:54 CET 2008

I saw a talk at Google Developer Day by a researcher working on their
translation team.  Take a Google-sized amount of data, add statical
translation techniques and a bunch of Ph.D's and get almost halfway
decent translations :)

-jj

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 8:54 AM, Douglas Sims <doug at apley.com> wrote:

>  The Goog just released this:
>
>  http://googleajaxsearchapi.blogspot.com/2008/03/introducing-ajax-language-api-tools-for.html
>

>  Douglas Sims
>  Doug at Apley.com
>

>  On Feb 28, 2008, at 1:49 PM, Tony Cappellini wrote:
>  > Hello,
>  >
>  >
>  > Have any Baypiggies used the Google translate web page
>  > programmaticaly?
>  >
>  > I wish to access this url
>  >   * http://translate.google.com/translate_t?langpair=ja|en
>  >    (where the from language and to language may vary from request to
>  > request)
>  >   * submit a text string to be translated
>  >   * retrieve the translation or status indicating the translation was
>  > not possible.
>  >
>  >
>  > If anyone with some web  programming experience have some information
>  > on how to do this from Python, please reply.
>  >
>  >
>  > Thanks
>  > Baypiggies mailing list
>  > Baypiggies at python.org
>  > To change your subscription options or unsubscribe:

I, for one, welcome our new Facebook overlords!
http://jjinux.blogspot.com/