[Baypiggies] What do you want to know about Stackless?

Eric Walstad eric at ericwalstad.com
Thu May 8 21:24:08 CEST 2008

>> From: glaw at slide.com
>> To: baypiggies at python.org
>> Subject: [Baypiggies] What do you want to know about Stackless?
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> It's not often that Christian Tismer, inventor of Stackless Python visits
>> the Bay Area from Germany.  Is there anything in particular that people
>> would like to know about Stackless so I can ask Chris to incorporate them
>> his talk on May 8?
>>
>> So far - I have heard -
>>
>> 1) Why is Stackless needed
>> 2) Latest development with Stackless
>> 3) How do you get it working in your system?
>> 4) How do you use it in your app?
>> 5) Comparison with Greenlets
>>
>> To get a preview on Stackless - visit:
>> http://www.stackless.com/
>>
>> Thanks in advance for your comments...
>>
>> Grace Law
I've never used stackless, so I'm hoping Chris will include a high
level overview of what stackless is and why it exists (1, above).  If
the talk goes deep fast, I'll likely be lost.

As an aside, I'd also like to know what kind of beer the Starship crew
chief enjoys or if there's any other Starship donations that could be
made while he's here.  Of course, I'm assuming this is the same
Christian Tismer that runs our beloved starship.python.net.  Chip in
for more bandwidth, perhaps?

Eric.