[Baypiggies] Job opening: Architect/Developer for Collaborative Editor in East Bay
rocky at teampatent.com
Tue May 27 05:01:16 CEST 2008
Architect / Developer - Python, *SQL, EC2 (Collaborative Editor)
TeamPatent <http://teampatent.com/> is building a browser-based,
collaborative editor for technical documents (think Google Documents on
steroids...much more responsive, fine-grained collaboration model). We've
built a prototype and it's now time to refactor with an eye for
We need a architect / engineer who will be responsible for all aspects of
backend development. Strong candidates will have previously led
architectural design and implementation of a data-driven, mass-audience web
application, preferably at a smaller company where you had to wear many
hats. Our backend technology stack includes Python and PostgreSQL and we're
deployed on Linux-based Amazon EC2 instances. You must be proficient in
these technologies or have experience in related technologies, enabling you
to quickly ramp up.
As a member of TeamPatent, you'll help contribute to open source--we already
maintain two of the largest widgets in
under your direction, we hope to contribute facets of our backend
infrastructure including extensions to
Selenium <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selenium_%28software%29>. There's
currently just two of us so you'll have plenty of responsibility/autonomy to
be an individual contributor. We're fully-funded with a two-year runway and
the National Science Foundation describes our innovations as
"game-changing". TeamPatent holds the potential to be a career-making
project with enormous market potential and intellectual scope.
- Architect / Lead Developer role for a "shipped" data-driven web product
demonstrating high degree of complexity;
- Demonstrated expert at back-end implementation;
- Produce elegant, maintainable code; and
- Experience with PostgreSQL, MySQL, or other databases in both access
methodology and database design.
- Open-source contributions;
- Experience planning network operations; and
- Ability to lead and motivate small technical teams.
Environment and Compensation:
- Full-time role preferred;
- This opportunity is ground floor with competitive compensation
including significant equity;
- Technical leadership at an early stage startup aiming to shake up a
valuable market; and
- Flexible work environment focused on productivity.
We'd prefer someone in the SF Bay Area (we're in Oakland).
Principals only: no recruiters, no offshore.
Interested? Send a resume and cover letter to jobs[at]teampatent[dot]com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Baypiggies