[Baypiggies] XSLT vs Python for XML manipulation [ BULKTAG PYTHONTAG ]

Venkatraman S venkat83 at gmail.com
Wed May 28 16:04:19 CEST 2008

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 11:01 AM, Stephen McInerney <spmcinerney at hotmail.com>
wrote:

>  Awesome, thanks to all who replied. XSLT-inside-Python sounds like a good
> way to go and strike a compromise with reuse.
> I will give each of these a look and if I have any useful comment on my
> experience in a few weeks
> I will post it.

On a related note, am trying to code a generic class(xml parser) which
defines its own member variables at run time. That is, if the xml is :
<a>
     <b>10</b>
     <c>30</c>
     <d>
         <e>100</e>
         <f>200</f>
    </d>
</a>

and after i parse it, i should be able to access individual entities with a
DOT notation, i.e, a.b  returns me 10 and a.d returns me a list of 100,200.

Am just clueless - any pointers?
--
Venka