[Baypiggies] site for doing training in the Bay Area

Andrew Dalke dalke at dalkescientific.com
Thu Oct 9 20:28:40 CEST 2008

Hello,

   I'm looking for a place where I can do a two-day training
course in the Bay Area on Python for cheminformatics during the
first week of December. Details about the course are at:
   http://dalkescientific.com/training/

   Wesley Chun last June on this list mentioned a set of criteria,
which might help others suggest possibilities.

 > a real classroom or a hotel conf room

Doesn't matter.

 > do you need computers with monitors,

Yes, though I expect people will come with their own machines.

 > an OS already installed -- what OS, what version of Python (if any),

Preferably Linux, with Python 2.5, IPython, matplotlib, and some
tools that I'll install into its own isolated directory. I can
do Windows as well, in which case Excel would be good. Probably
a few others I'm omitting now.

 > the number of people expected

5-8

 > do you need a Kinkos close-by for material duplication,
 > should it have a free shuttle to/from the airport

Not important.

 > is providing food and drinks an option, your budget, etc.

Food for coffee break and lunch.  Budget is something like
$150/head, but that will depend on what services are possible.
For example, the last place I did this (Mike Müller's Python
Academy in Leipzig) also handled printing, invoicing,
credit card processing, and local assistance, like
pointers to hotels, and other travel advice.

I tried getting ahold of Wesley but didn't get a response,
and I couldn't find anything more recent in the list
archives. Perhaps others have suggestions?

				Andrew
				dalke at dalkescientific.com