[Baypiggies] need Medusa/asyncore hacker for short project at PARC

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Tue Oct 14 00:13:58 CEST 2008

Hi!

I've got some short-term funding (till December 5) to help extend our
UpLib personal library system server a bit.  The server is implemented
in Python 2.5 with Medusa and asyncore, our development platform is OS
X 10.5, and the extensions I'm working on are (1) to enable libraries
to "find" each other via multicast, and (2) to provide a filesystem
API for the library via FUSE Python bindings (using the ctypes-based
FUSE binding by Giorgos Verigakis).  I intend to release this in some
form as part of the open-source UpLib release.

I'd like to find someone who can start as soon as possible (tomorrow
would be fine), has a lot of back-end Python experience with asyncore
or Medusa, is familiar with either multicast or FUSE or both, and can
work at PARC for the next seven weeks.  If you know of anyone, I'd
appreciate it if they sent me a resume.

More UpLib info at <http://uplib.parc.com/>.

Thanks!

Bill