[Baypiggies] Freebase HackDay - Saturday Nov 8th, downtown SF

Alec Flett alecf at flett.org
Mon Oct 27 23:13:16 CET 2008

Fellow BayPiggies -
Since Metaweb is a Python shop, I'm hoping this is of interest to other
local Python folks looking for a fun day of hacking... we're going to have a
Freebase HackDay - you know, the usual sort of unconference-type thing where
people just bring some ideas and maybe some code and pound out something
interesting.

If you have no idea what Freebase is, go check it out first:
http://www.freebase.com/

Details are here:
http://blog.freebase.com/2008/10/09/announcing-the-freebase-hack-day-november-8th-2008/-
we're near the Montgomery BART, at Howard & Montgomery.

This is a pretty technical event - bring your laptop and all your questions
about freebase, MQL, and more. Come write some code if you're so inclined,
there will be lots of geeks on hand to answer lots of questions, and lots of
other like-minded folks working on data imports, visualization, etc. there's
no obligation or anything - just show up for some geeky fun. (But please
RSVP! We do need a headcount..)

Alec