[Baypiggies] Python Programmer for The Long Now Foundation

Long Now zander at longnow.org
Tue Sep 16 18:22:04 CEST 2008

Python payment processing Developer

http://www.longnow.org/jobs/

The Long Now Foundation is looking for a Python programmer, familiar
with Paypal's Payflow Pro (recurring) billing module and both it's
client side SDK and HTTP Interface API. We are looking to integrate
membership functionality into our new Django-based web site; allowing
users to signup for a recurring charge membership. Most internal
functionality (for auth, users, profile, messaging) is written. You will
be in charge of creating, in Python, the bits that interact with Payflow
Pro Gateway through their HTTP Interface API. Creating, Polling,
Updating paypal-bound profiles. You will need to write the error
handling, retry logic and all other functionality surrounding Payflow
Pro interaction since the HTTP Interface does not include it.

Ideally the candidate would be local to the San Francisco Bay Area, but
we are willing to consider candidates anywhere in the PST time zone. The
candidate should have past experience with recurring credit card
transaction systems, and be available for ongoing support after the
development process. We are looking to develop a long-term relationship.
Recommended Skills

   * Django web-framework
   * Python
   * PHP
   * MySQL
   * Version Control (Subversion)
   * General UNIX knowledge

Please send text resume and well considered cover letter to
jobs at longnow.org (Resume and cover letter should be in the body of an
email, links to past work a plus, NO ATTACHMENTS)

--
Alexander Rose