[Baypiggies] multithreading question

Stephen McInerney spmcinerney at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 17 23:49:18 CEST 2008

I don't think the default assumption "You can safely assume that no module
is thread-safe unless it claims it is. " is explicitly stated anywhere in the Python
library doc? (http://docs.python.org/lib/*)
I definitely think that is worth adding?

Yes, I saw logging has a note saying it is thread-safe, but (for example)
popen2, Popen3 and Popen4 say nothing, I should assume they're not?

[I'm holding the assumption that someday eventually the GIL may go
away as the typical number of threads increases to the point where it
becomes commercially important to solve that.]

Stephen