[Baypiggies] Looking for a Python contractor

Eric Walstad eric at ericwalstad.com
Tue Sep 30 19:07:11 CEST 2008

We are looking for an experienced Python contractor to help us develop
a few Django applications over the next six months, or so.  The right
person will have the following attributes:
    * experience working as an independent contractor
    * be open to working in an 'agile' fashion (short release cycles,
love testing, etc...)
    * experience transferring data to and from external systems
    * be willing to visit San Francisco and/or Oakland weekly for
project meetings
    * enjoy coding to PEP8 yet not a hobgoblin
    * want to become a better programmer

We work with the following just about every day:
    * Ubuntu, Fedora and RedHat EL
    * Python, of course
    * PostgreSQL
    * Subversion
    * Django
    * BASH

You get bonus points if you know:
    * JavaScript
    * dHTML
    * CSS
    * EDI
    * SQL
    * nginx
    * lighttp
    * scaling
    * memcached
    * Energy efficiency
    * the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow

A little about us:
We are a small team of Python developers.  We work deeply on a few
relatively large projects rather than a lot of short, small projects.
Our projects help facilitate the wide-scale adoption of energy
efficiency.

If this sounds interesting to you and you think you'll be a good fit
please contact me off-list.

Regards,

Eric Walstad
Eric Walstad Associates, LLC