[Baypiggies] Brainstorming new talk ideas...

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Thu Apr 2 06:11:15 CEST 2009

I don't know the official schedule, but I imagine that our next
BayPIGgies meeting will be sharing "What I learned from PyCon."

However, for the May meeting, I'd like to pitch an idea. I'd like to
see a Django themed evening. I'm a big fan of Pylons and other
frameworks -- in fact, I want to learn more about them -- especially
for larger scaled systems. But, my bread and butter these days is
Django and I am going deeper and deeper into it. I also saw that
Simeon and quite a few others do Django work.

I could do an introductory talk (or handle a topic of interest), but
I'd like to see others do a more advanced subject. For example, Simeon
mentioned a profiling tool for Django (which I'd not used before and
would like to learn more about).

What do you think about a 'Django themed' evening? What topics are
people most interested in? Who else would be willing to speak?

Cheers,

Glen
--
415-680-3964
glen at glenjarvis.com

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -M. Gandhi