[Baypiggies] Brainstorming new talk ideas...

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Mon Apr 6 18:31:24 CEST 2009

On Mon, Apr 06, 2009, Sandrine Ribeau wrote:

> I am eager to introduce you to another Logilab's projets, a web
> application framework, CubicWeb (http://www.cubicweb.org). I can see
> you have interest in Django so I believe getting to know another
> framework could interest you too.  Maybe june or july if this subject
> raise an interest for you and if it fits in the schedule.

AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!  Not another Python web framework!  ;-)

(There's a joke that writing a web framework is the Python equivalent of
working through SICP.)

Seriously, I have no objection to a lightning talk on CubicWeb, but I
think slots for full talks should go to frameworks already in heavy use.
Looking at the Python Job Board, only Django, TurboGears, and Zope/Plone
get more than minimal mention, and Django gets more than all others
combined.

http://www.python.org/community/jobs/

"...string iteration isn't about treating strings as sequences of strings,
it's about treating strings as sequences of characters.  The fact that
characters are also strings is the reason we have problems, but characters
are strings for other good reasons."  --Aahz