[Baypiggies] PyCon Recap

wesley chun wescpy at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 19:27:36 CEST 2009

won't be a "real" talk by me, but just a bunch of us who went to PyCon
and want to give a rundown on a couple of the talks or open space
gatherings we attended. it's a good mtg for those who don't want to
wait for the May recap down in the south bay and can make it up here.

we're still looking for other people who want to recap, so pls let
grace know... it's like free toastmasters in a much more "informal"
setting than BayPIGgies. also, slide will provide dinner if you RSVP
on the meetup page.

traffic is bad during rush hour, but i recommend CalTrain if
possible... we're only 2.5 blocks away from the main SF station at 4th
b/w king and townsend near pacbell park -- slide is at 2nd and
brannan. driving is highly discouraged, esp. since baseball season has
just opened and there won't be any street pkg due to the game, and the
nearby garages that usu run $6-10 for evening pkg will be either full
or avail for $30. :P you BARTers are about a 15-20min walk from the
montgomery station from 2nd and market.

cheers,
-- wesley