[Baypiggies] FWD: Re: [PyCon-Organizers] Videos

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Tue Apr 7 20:18:33 CEST 2009

The skill that will lead to good videos is running the equipment while live
talks are going on.   This skill can be made use of at PyCon where ever it is,
and other events too.

Assuming you are still meeting in the same room at Google all the time, I have
an idea:  equip that room with a similar setup that was used at PyCon, and leave
most of it in place.  There is something to be learned from doing the setup, but
add the teardown and transporting equipment (even to a local storage room) is
enough of a hassle that I would want to have most of it be permanent.   Mainly
the wries.

I can understand some things need to be packed up.  keep the cameras from
getting lost, keep the tri-pod out of the way, etc.   We used laptops at PyCon,
but for a fixed install low end desktops would be fine. (2ghz, enough space for
13G/hour.  so 30G is fine for a user group, and 120 is enough for a full day)

I will be in the bay area in the next month or two.  I would be happy to swing
by and help figure out a good solution.  I can even bring some equipment, like
the VGA grabber.  everything else is pretty common, probably lying around
collecting dust. :)

Carl K