[Baypiggies] Brainstorming: PyCon through the year

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Sat Apr 25 19:22:52 CEST 2009

The list of videos from PyCon (on the link sent by Shailen (http://pycon.blip.tv/posts?view=archive&nsfw=dc)
) are 12 dozen + 2 = 146.

If we met once per week, in a setting with a large projector or TV,
and watched two or three of these videos, we wouldn't finish for an
entire year.

How many of us would actually sit down and watch the videos we wanted
to see from PyCon? Or, is it something we want to do but just never
get around to it?

If we watched them as a group -- a few every Saturday for example, and
then had a discussion around the topic, we would learn so much more
--- especially if the videos we chose for the day were themed on a
particular subject and more knowledgeable people from that subject
also showed up to discuss the topics with us.

This is just a brainstorming idea. I don't want to take away from the
summary talks that Jim is arranging for our next meet. Plus, I'm not
committed to organizing this because I have too much on my plate and
things are falling off.

But, if you like this idea, I throw it out to the community. I
wouldn't say no to helping people if they needed help to organize the
first meeting.

Cheers,

Glen
--
415-680-3964
glen at glenjarvis.com

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -M. Gandhi