[Baypiggies] Stackless anyone?

Alec Flett alecf at flett.org
Tue Apr 28 20:22:06 CEST 2009

I though the stacklesssocket stuff that Richard Tew was working on was
pretty interesting - did you play with that?
I've heard people complain before about the open-source stackless, but it
seems like such a slick solution to lots of problems that Twisted solves
well, but not always elegantly.. I'm curious what real problems people have
run into using Stackless for what it was intended for (basically cooperative
'multithreading')

I've always been interested in doing a Pylons implementation on top of
stackless where it uses stackless for threads (i.e. tasks) instead of real
threads - you'd get all the performance benefits of Twisted, without the
overhead of learning to use Deferreds.

(Not to knock deferreds, they're an amazingly elegant solution to
asynchronousity!)

Alec