[Baypiggies] Jobs

Roderick Llewellyn roderick at sanfransystems.com
Tue Aug 11 16:49:10 CEST 2009

-1 for me. Don't crack down unless it becomes a huge problem. The discussion
about these list purity issues is far more lengthy than the actual spam.
Yeah the fact that each message posted seems to always quote the original,
either directly or indirectly, leads to this kind of controversy's causing
hundreds of copies of the original "offending" post!
As I've mentioned before, I've found recruiters to be nearly worthless for
finding jobs, and seem sometimes to be more interested in fishing for
resumes than in placing people. Nevertheless, some spam on this issue is a
small price to pay.... if even one person gets a job who wouldn't otherwise
have one, that's one person whose family can eat.
It is reasonable however that the job be primarily a Python job. If I wanted
perl jobs I would subscribe to the Perl list.
- Rod L.