[Baypiggies] Clarity on Videos

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Wed Aug 12 19:00:32 CEST 2009

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009, Glen Jarvis wrote:

> If there's an offer to pay for the video... 100 per video.... That would
> be awesome. But, first, I'd like everyone to review the quality and make
> certain we're happy with it. It's as good, if not better, than what I was
> doing. However.... I wasn't charging for it :)

That's irrelevant.  The question is whether the Python community receives
$100 of value for each video.  If the answer is "yes" (or even close to
"yes"), I'm pretty confident the PSF will be happy to contribute.  After
all, that's $1200/year for videos *everyone* in the Python community can
see.

"...string iteration isn't about treating strings as sequences of strings,
it's about treating strings as sequences of characters.  The fact that
characters are also strings is the reason we have problems, but characters
are strings for other good reasons."  --Aahz