[Baypiggies] Clarity on Videos

wesley chun wescpy at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 22:03:00 CEST 2009

>> If there's an offer to pay for the video... 100 per video.... That would
>> be awesome. But, first, I'd like everyone to review the quality and make
>> certain we're happy with it. It's as good, if not better, than what I was
>> doing. However.... I wasn't charging for it :)
>
> That's irrelevant.  The question is whether the Python community receives
> $100 of value for each video.  If the answer is "yes" (or even close to
> "yes"), I'm pretty confident the PSF will be happy to contribute.  After
> all, that's $1200/year for videos *everyone* in the Python community can
> see.

aahz has a good point. you're helping out the community as a whole by
doing what you're doing. in fact, you should be reimbursed for the
tapes and batteries, and this is certainly the case if you're hiring
someone out to edit and get them in shape for online delivery. even if
for some strange reason the PSF rejects your expense requests, you
should at least *file* them. you're already giving of your time; the
least the PSF can do is to offset your costs.

best,
-- wesley
"Python Web Development with Django", Addison Wesley, (c) 2009
http://withdjango.com

wesley.j.chun :: wescpy-at-gmail.com
http://cyberwebconsulting.com