[Baypiggies] Looking for a presenter for Thursday, Aug 26th

Alex Martelli aleax at google.com
Wed Aug 26 07:47:18 CEST 2009

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 10:30 PM, Anna Ravenscroft<annaraven at gmail.com> wrote:
> Isn't a PyGame Week coming up? Can someone talk about that?
>
> Alex is willing to give his talk on technical management, if folks
> haven't seen that one.

I'm happy to give a talk on any subject I haven't yet covered at
Baypiggies: the problem is only with finding out what subject I
_haven't_ done at BP yet!-)  I've been around the Bay Area for 4+
years and have spoken at BP quite often, after all;-).

I do believe I've never given my "tech management" talk there, and
that's a deep one that I can spin in a bazillion ways, though not very
Python-specific. Have I done "dependency injection" at BP?  "Somewhat
Advanced Python" (bytecode disassembly, hacks &c)?  Code Reviews for
Fun and Profit?  Py3K?  etc, etc.

Preparing a new from-scratch preso in 40 hours is a stretch (since I
do also have semi-emergencies going on at work), but tailoring any
existing one (on a subject I _haven't_ already covered at BP!!!-)
would be just fine.

So can somebody pls let me know ASAP so I get off stackoverflow.com
(currently my biggest "free time" timesink;-) and switch to tailoring
a BP preso?  TIA!-)

Alex