[Baypiggies] Help with ctypes

wesley chun wescpy at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 20:18:06 CET 2009

On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 7:42 PM, Keith Dart <keith at dartworks.biz> wrote:
> === On Sat, 12/05, Glen Jarvis wrote: ===
>> I'm trying to learn how to write my own C-libraries and wrap with
>> Python.
>
> I would recommend using Pyrex for that. It handles the boilerplate for
> you also.
>
> http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/greg.ewing/python/Pyrex/

also consider Cython, the next generation of Pyrex-like compilers:
http://cython.org

for convenience, many oldtimers who may be familar Pyrex but haven't
heard much about Cython can read about the diffs here:

http://wiki.cython.org/DifferencesFromPyrex

cheers,
-- wesley
"Python Fundamentals", Prentice Hall, (c)2009
    http://corepython.com

wesley.j.chun :: wescpy-at-gmail.com
http://cyberwebconsulting.com